Let's Get This Party Started!

Monday, June 24, 2013

The 4th of July is a week and half away…

HOW did that happen. Are you ready? Made any plans yet?

This past weekend, some friends, with their little boys in tow, came by for a casual pre-4th dinner. It was a Chamber of Commerce perfect weather day, so I decided to take that party outside.

The table setting included star shaped wicker placemats purchased several years ago from Pottery Barn. They also work well for Memorial Day and both Christmas and New Years. The table cover is also from PB.

I set up a small table for the boys. Theirs included 2 vinyl placemats that I spray painted with chalk board paint. I thought this would keep them occupied for a least a few minutes. And, they took them home along with sticks of colored chalk.

Several of these tissue paper pom poms were placed around the deck.

Menu included Fresh Guacamole, Paula Deen’s Turkey Sliders, Tricia Yearwood’s Baked Bean Casserole, Pasta Salad, Fruit (I used a star shaped cookie cutter to cut the shapes of the watermelon), Star Shaped Rice Krispy treats (used the same cookie cutter here along with blue and red colored sugar), and KariAnne’s (from Thistlewood Farm) 4th of July dessert ~ (you've GOT to check out her blog!!).

I borrowed Thistlewood's gorgeous dessert photo here...my version was half gone before I could grab the camera!

What are YOUR plans for the upcoming Summer holiday?

0 comments:

Post a Comment