Decor...on a Dime

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Time spent flipping through a design magazine is time well spent. I think so, anyway! It's a mini-vacation to take in the great photography, unique spaces and high-end furnishings. When it's time to get back to reality and plan a little freshening up of your space, what are your go-to places? Are you a Restoration Hardware fan, maybe West Elm, Home Goods or Thrift Shops. I, personally could live in a Pottery Barn -- if budget permitted -- and their staff wouldn't mind...

Decor that you love does not have to cost a fortune! This photo is of my guest room. I recently added the 2 side tables that I got from the FREE section on CraigsList. They were a bit scuffed up, but were the perfect size and style for the room. A little black paint, and they fit right in.

This is a shot of the tables pre-paint.

The bedding was a hand-me-down from an aunt's guest room. The lamps and curtain panels are from Target that were customized with some fabric to lengthen them and add the band of color at the top. The round mirror, also from Target, is a Pottery Barn knock-off.

The dresser is from my college dorm days. The print is a Home Goods find. The little wooden bench is something my husband got when they tore down a VERY old elementary school.

It's fun to add a little style and NOT spend a bunch of $$!

Have you completed any thrifty updates in your home lately?

Need some help pulling your look together. OR, are you thinking of selling your home? Let's chat about it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment